International Packing List
We've taken quite a few international trips and pretty often we've forgotten to bring stuff. Actually, just about every trip there's always at least ONE item we wish we would've packed. So we decided to make the ultimate international packing list (for beach goers) so nothing gets left behind!
Before we get to the list below, we suggest you find out if there is laundry service available at your hotel or vacation rental. If so, you may not need to pack as many clothes. Overpacking is a hassle and can end up costing you more at the airport!
International Packing List (For Beach Trips)
- Tanks/short sleeved shirts
- Sweater/light jacket (layers for cooler evenings or days)
- Active wear/closed toed sturdy shoes (In case you do any walking/hiking)
- If you’re the dress up type, 1-2 dress up outfits. Maybe you want to hit the club one night or check out a fancy restaurant.
(I always pack a day or two extra on underwear/sock basics because you never know what might happen)
** The sun is no joke! No matter what skin type! Please take care of your beautiful flesh suits!
- Swimsuits (more than one can be great but not necessary)
- Swim cover-up
- Flip-flops/sandals/swim shoes
- Sunscreen (YES EVERYONE) SPF 30 or higher is best. Reef safe sunscreen is even better.
- Eco Bug spray
- Beach towels (Usually hotels/rentals by the beach have these)
- SPF Lip balm (you’ll thank me later)
- Water bottle! (No plastic please, treat yo-self to a cute permanent bottle. Let's stay hydrated! It's great for traveling days and lazy time on the beach. If you bring this with you on your carry-on make sure it is EMPTY! NO LIQUIDS ARE ALLOWED PAST SECURITY. I usually just pack it in my checked bag)
- Beach Bag or backpack!!
- Portable Beach Blanket (sand can get annoying and this is optional not necessary)
Toiletries (what you would normally use such as)
**Most of these essentials will likely be provided at a hotel but always good to bring your own.
- Hair products
- Fingernail clippers/scissors
- Shaving supplies
- Face wash
- Feminine Products (even if you’re not exactly due!)
- Hair ties/brush
- Jewelry (I don’t suggest anything super valuable)
- Keys (I suggest nothing more than house keys. Leave car keys and extra at home!)
- Universal charger/adapter - Remember different countries have different plugs and voltage that may not be compatible with your charging accessories. We use this Universal Charger Adapter paired with this Step Down Voltage Converter.
- Medications prescribed (in original bottles) and over the counter.
*I always bring pain relief and stomach relief!
*Emergen-C packs are also a nice way to start the day as your body will be stressed from being in a different place 🙂
*Also if you have motion sickness Dramamine is a life saver. Great for boat and plane rides!
*Birth Control!! LOL
- Coloring books
- Anything you like to do in your free time for chilling!
- HEADPHONES! (you’ll thank me later)
- Snacks for the plane ride/travel.
- Optional travel pillow for flight
- Gum (I suggest this for newbie flyers to equalize yourself and avoid ear pain)
- Camera (Memories people!)
- Cellphone (check with your phone carrier about international plans to save yourself on a bill later!!)
- Wallet with>>
- Passport/ID (YES BRING BOTH) and make a copy of both! (always keep your passport in a safe place)
- Credit/debit card (call your bank let them know where and for how long you are traveling so they don’t lock your card down)
- Cash/international currency
- Medical Insurance Card/Emergency contact info
A Few Other Tips..
We also suggest to dress comfortably for the plane ride and bring a light jacket. You will have to take your shoes off going through security in the USA and a few other countries! I usually just wear flip flops to make it easy. If you do wear open toe shoes, bring some socks in case its gets cold on the plane.
NO JEWELRY/ACCESSORIES/WATCHES/BELTS!! You will have to take all this off during security check. It's a pain in the ass and slows everyone down!
DON'T PUT LIQUIDS ON THE CARRY ON BAG! They will make you throw it away. No lotion/sprays/water bottles/etc. (If you must, it cannot be over 3.4oz.)
NO SHARP OBJECTS! I’ve also heard multi-tool cards are a no go. (safety razors are okay)
*** Bring at least one change of clothes in your carry-on bag. Sometimes flights get delayed and it sucks to not have fresh clothing when this happens. We’ve had flights delayed overnight multiple times.
*** Remember if you forget something, it’s not the end of the world, you can purchase just about anything in most countries***
We hope this list was helpful to you! If we missed something, leave us a comment below! Be sure to bookmark this page or print for all your future trips. Happy Travels!